The school is located on Buddo Hill in southern Wakiso District ,
off the Kampala-Masaka Road. This location lies approximately 14
kilometres (8.7 mi), by road, southwest of the Central business district
of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and thew largest city in that
The school was officially opened on 29 March 1906 with 21 boys. It is one of the oldest schools ,Alumni of Buddo are known as Old Budonians. Old Budonians have distinguished themselves in service to Uganda and Buganda Kingdom and in Africa.